Uncover the secrets of past lives with Planescape Torment the updated game app for iPhone
You can now uncover secrets of past lives in this story-rich, tactical role playing game set in Sigil, a dark fantasy city at the heart of the Dungeons and Dragons multiverse. Get to explore the planes, survive combat alongside a party of bizarre companions, and solve puzzles unlike any ever seen in the genre.
The original Planescape: Torment was released in 1999 to widespread critical acclaim. It won RPG of the Year from multiple outlets for its unconventional story, characters, and amazing soundtrack. Since then, millions of Planescape: Torment fans have enjoyed exploring the strange and dangerous city of Sigil and surrounding planes through the Nameless One’s eyes.
Discover an incredibly rich story and a unique setting unlike anything else in fantasy. Defeat strange and alien creatures, engage in rich dialogue, and explore the dark and dangerous Planescape setting in this 50+ hour RPG classic.
The story in the gameplay
If you are not familiar with the story of this games apps then this is what the developer Overhaul Games has to describe in the app store. You are ‘The Nameless One’, a hulking figure covered in scars and tattoos collected over the course of countless livesnone of which you can remember, but are now coming back to haunt you. You are prodded awake by Morte, a floating skull and keeper of secrets, to embark on an adventure taking the Nameless One from the dirty streets of Sigil into the mysterious Outer Planes and even into the depths of Hell itself.
Portals riddle the planar metropolis of Sigil, providing access to anywhere in existence, but only if you have the proper key. Known as the “City of Doors,” Sigil is a neutral ground where demons, devas, and races from across the multiverse gather under the watchful shadow of the Lady of Pain, the city’s enigmatic ruler. This is a place where the word is mightier than the sword, where thought defines reality, and belief has the power to reshape worlds.
In your search for answers, you’ll find companions matching the bizarre nature of the planes: a chaste succubus who can kill with a kiss, a confused crossbow-wielding cube, a suit of armor animated by a spirit demanding Justice, and more. With these companions and others at The Nameless Ones side, you will explore worlds in search of answers, all to discover that some destinies cannot be escaped and some memories cost more than an immortal should be willing to pay.
Features of this updated game app
- Chris Avellone, Lead Designer on Planescape Torment, has partnered with Beamdog to curate gameplay updates, bug fixes, and enhancements to best capture his original vision for the game.
- Planescape is a setting you’ve never experienced before, filled with strange magics, bizarre adversaries, and Dungeons & Dragons locations from across the multiverse.
- Encounter personable items, philosophic undead, and rat hiveminds while walking the planes with the strangest collection of allies ever seen in an RPG.
- Character creation is just the beginning. The Nameless One can change his class, alignment, and even gain new abilities based on your choices.
- The full Planescape: Torment soundtrack has been remastered in-game to add more depth to Sigil and the multiverse.
- Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition has been designed with tablets and touch screens in mind. Open and close side menus with a touch, select dialog options with handy conversation buttons, and make tactical decisions with a brand-new action indicator.
- The Enhanced Edition includes modern features such as tab highlighting, area zooming, combat log, quickloot, and more!
- Enable Enhanced Edition features as you desire or turn them off to experience Planescape: Torment in its original glory.
- Cast Comprehend Languages now the app is available in English, French, Polish, German, and Korean. Note: Korean translations are text only. Voice-overs are played in English.
You can download this game app from iTunes app store and remember it is not a free game app but will cost you AU$14.99. Also you need to have iOS 8.0 or later compatible device to have this app on your mobile or tablet.