Know the Cost You Will Pay if You Dropped Your iPhone and Damaged the Screen
The most expensive phone iPhone X is also having a costly affair to its repairs. Latest apple updated its iPhone service pricing page, Apple revealed repairing an iPhone display will cost $279 while “other damage” will be charged at an eye watering $549. This is increasingly more than similar repairs for an iPhone 12 or iPhone 12 Plus phones. So beware as dropping your iPhone will cost you heavier a price or you’ll want to get Apple Care+ coverage with your deal.
Apple has revealed how much it will cost to repair the phone if the screen is damaged.
In Australia, an iPhone will cost $418.95 to just repair the screen without AppleCare+. That is almost twice as expensive as the cost of repairing a screen on an iPhone 8 Plus ($268.95) or an iPhone 8 ($228.95).
If your phone has additional damage that is not limited to the screen, the bill could be up at around $818.95.
According to the Apple website, the following prices in the table below apply if:
- You need to replace your screen due to accidental damage or mishandling. Accidental damage isn’t covered by the Apple warranty.
- Your iPhone screen gets broken while it’s still under warranty and you don’t have AppleCare+ coverage.
- Your screen stops working and your iPhone isn’t covered by the Apple warranty, consumer law, or AppleCare+.
However, if iPhone buyers get AppleCare+, it includes two incidents of accidental damage coverage. You can use an incident for screen repair,” the website states. All iPhones with AppleCare+ pay $45 for screen repair only or $149 for other damages.
- As for battery services, all iPhone models with AppleCare+ get free battery service, but if the phone is out of warranty it will cost $119.
- The cost of repairing Apple’s new iPhones comes as Apple has quashed any concern of muted demand for its iPhone, saying pre- orders for the 10th anniversary phone were “off the charts”.
Remember that iPhone comes with new facial identification software to replace the fingerprint used on previous phones. It has a Super Retina Display, TrueDepth Camera System, Face ID and A11 Bionic Chip with Neural Engine.
Is it possible to fix an iPhone screen on my own?
Yes, it is possible to fix an iPhone screen on your own with the right tools and guides. However, fixing an iPhone screen can involve intricate steps and there is a possibility of causing more harm to the device if not performed properly.