The new iPhone XR is powered by the all-new A12 Bionic chip, and on the phone’s face you’ll notice a gorgeous 6.1-inch Liquid Retina all-screen display. Also true-depth Face ID, IP67 water resistance, wireless charging, and plenty of the iPhone X-series lead features, although one of the most notable differences is the XR’s single-lens rear camera rather than the dual-lens found on the XS and XS Max. Similar to the iPhone 5C, the XR is offering up an exciting array of colours at launch, including white, black, blue, yellow, coral and Red.
The full specs are:
- Size: 5.94 inches by 2.98 inches by 0.33 inches
- Weight: 6.24 ounces
- Display: 6.2-inch “Liquid Retina” LCD, 1792 x 828, 326 pixels per inch, DCI-P3 color gamut
- Other display features: HDR, True Tone, 120Hz touch input
- Waterproofing: IP67 (up to 30 minutes in 1 meter of water)
- Battery capacity: 2,942mAh
- Rear camera: 12MP wide-angle f/1.8 camera with OIS and 1.4 micron pixels
- Front camera: Second-generation TrueDepth module with 7MP camera, f/2.2, up to 1080p recording at 60 fps
- System-on-chip: Apple A12 Bionic
Price of the new iPhone XR
The iPhone XR costs (64 GB) at AU$1,229. The box includes EarPods with Lightning Connector, Lightning to USB Cable and 5W USB Power Adapter and obviously your new iPhone. Click here to buy now.
iPhone XR plan from Telstra
Telstra Mobile Lease Plans are great if you like having the latest phone and don’t want to own it. You can upgrade your phone after 12 mths for $99 (or $0 after 18 mths) when you return it in good working order and take up a new eligible 24 mth phone + service plan. All plans include data free as well as live sports. Click here to know the latest plans with Telstra.
iPhone XR plan from Vodafone
At Vodafone iPhone XR costs AU$73.13/month with 30GB total data with the phone for AU$34.13 over 36 months with their AU$45 red plan and a $4 per month loyalty discount. Click here to know the latest plans with Vodafone.
iPhone XR plan from Optus
The plan starts at AU$60 per month with a $45 plan plus $15 phone with 4 GB total data includes 2GB and 2GB bonus data. Click here to know the latest plans with Optus.
The iPhone XR supports Dual SIM
Some carriers will provide you with a QR code that you can scan in order to set up your line.
- You need to open Settings on your iPhone and Tap Cellular then Tap Add Cellular Plan.
- Scan the QR code that your carrier provided using your iPhone’s camera.
- Enter the confirmation code your carrier provided if you’re asked to do so.
- To set up your eSIM line with your carrier’s app you can download your carrier’s app from the App Store like T Mobile app in Australia. Now follow the steps to purchase a new cellular plan.
- Then open Settings on your iPhone if you need to enter your plan details manually and tap Cellular.
- Now tap Add Cellular Plan and Tap Enter Details Manually at the bottom of the screen.
- Follow the instructions to enter all of the necessary details of your new cellular plan.
You’ll be asked to label your plans after you set up your second line, but if you want to change those labels later, you can always do so in Settings.
When you set up a second line, you’ll need to choose which line will be your default one. You’ll also be able to choose how each line will be used. The default number you choose will be the one that iMessage and FaceTime use automatically.
Only one of your numbers at a time can use cellular data. You can change which of your numbers that is in Settings and go to cellular Data and tap the number that you want to use cellular data.
Tap the switch next to Cellular Data Switching to the green “on” position if you want to switch to using cellular data on your voice/SMS line while you’re on a call.
If you don’t have cellular data switching turned on, you won’t be able to use data while on a voice call if you have a separate line handling cellular data.
With two lines set up, you can choose which number your iPhone uses to call one of your contacts also can switch phone numbers when calling a favourite or designate a line for iMessage and FaceTime all this you can do and manage your cellular settings on your new iPhone according to your choice and preference.