Wanna remove the SIM card in an iPhone or iPad- Here’s how to do it in simple way
Though this is a very common and well know information as how to remove the SIM card on your iPhone or iPad but still many of you who are new to iOS devices may want to know the simple way to remove the SIM card in an iPhone. Note that all iPhone and cellular-capable iPads come with SIM (subscriber identity module) card slots on their sides.
A SIM card is how your carrier provides all the information your device needs to get on their network and access the voice and data services linked to your account. There may be times when you’ll need to swap the SIM card in your iPhone or iPad or you wish to upgrade and want to use a local SIM while travelling so just follow the simple steps when you need to remove the SIM card on your iPhone.
The only thing you need in order to remove the SIM card in your iPhone or iPad is an Apple SIM card remover tool which comes included in the box especially when you buy an unlocked device or you can use a small, bent paper clip.
If you’re using a paper clip, straighten the long end until it projects out. If you’re using something else, like the tip of a small screwdriver, just make sure it fits into the SIM ejector slot. You don’t want to mangle your device. But first you need to find the slot.
- Almost every iPhone comes equipped with a SIM card tray. The only exception was the CDMA variant of the iPhone 4. So if you have an iPhone 4s or newer, you have a SIM card slot.
- Original iPhone/iPhone 3G/iPhone 3GS you can find the slot on the top of the iPhone in between the headphone jack and power button
- iPhone 4s and later models have it on the right side of iPhone, the side opposite your mute switch and volume buttons
- Only cellular-capable iPads have SIM trays. If you have one, here is where you can find your SIM tray:
- In original iPad you can find it along the left side of the iPad towards the middle, opposite the side that contains the mute switch and volume buttons, near the bottom
- In iPad 2/3/4 it is on the left side of the iPad, opposite the side that contains the mute switch and volume buttons, near the top
- On iPad Air/Air2/mini (all generations)/Pro it is located on the bottom right side of the iPad, the same side that contains the mute switch and volume buttons.
After you have located the SIM slot according to your device model now gently insert the small paperclip you bent earlier into the small pinhole opening in the SIM tray.
Apply a small amount of pressure until the SIM tray pops out of the iPhone or iPad. Don’t apply pressure at an angle, only in the direction of the pin hole.
Grab hold of the SIM tray and pull straight out.
Swap your SIM card and re-insert the tray. Make sure you have installed the SIM in the correct orientation. Also make sure you are inserting the SIM tray in the correct orientation.
Keep in mind that you should never force a SIM tray back in place. You can break pins off the logic board and that can leave your iPhone or iPad unable to connect to any cellular network.
Always make sure the SIM is installed in the tray correctly and that you’re putting it back in your iPhone or iPad in the correct direction. An easy way to be sure is to line up the pin hole. This way you know you’re putting it in correctly. Good Luck.